There are so many aspects of weight loss that are in your control.
- Do squats, push-ups, jumping jacks,
- Be active throughout the day (a walk before/after work, a lunch break, or dancing around your house while dinner is cooking), and opportunities to get extra steps in (parking your car further away, taking the stairs).
- Your ability to be active is in your control. You actually have tons of creative ways to move every day.
- Make a list of what barriers are not in your control and ask yourself: how can I exert control over the uncontrollable?
- If you truly can't, let it go. But if you can, identify what you can do to pull that locus of control inwards and own it.